Types of Brain Injury:
- Diffuse Axonal Injury — caused by shaking or strong rotation of the head which causes brain structures to tear. Can produce temporary or permanent brain damage, coma, or death.
- Concussion — caused by direct blows to the head, violent shaking of the head, or force from a whiplash injury. This is the most common type of traumatic brain injury.
- Contusion — caused by direct impact to the head which forms a bruise on the brain.
- Penetrating Injury — caused by the impact of a sharp object that forces hair, skin, bone, and fragments from the object into the brain.
- Anoxic Brain Injury — caused by lack of oxygen to the brain.
Skull fractures can occur along with and cause brain injuries.
Causes of Brain Injury include:
- Car, Truck, and Motorcycle Accidents
- Birth Injury or Medical Malpractice
- At-Work Accidents
Compensation for Brain Injury Lawsuits can include:
- Cost of Medical Bills
- Pain and Suffering
- Loss of Capability
- Lost Wages
- Wrongful Death
If you or a loved one has suffered a brain injury, please fill out our free case review form.